Music is heavenly, and when it is purely devotional, it is truly divine. Such a genre of music is Bhajan. Bhajan’s are simple songs in soulful language expressing the many splendored emotions of Love for God, a complete submission or self-surrender to him through singing.
The Bhajans, so subtly and continuously influence the attitudes, behavior and lives of the participant that it results not only in bringing about a spiritual transformation of people but surely leads to the realization of supreme experience.
We bring about this supreme experience through a unique and spectacular talent hunt show, ‘Bhajan Samraat’. It is a divine journey in search of the bestBhajan group in South India.
HOW TO APPLY
To participate, Download and send in the filled entry forms to:
Sri Sankara TV
N0.3, 1st Avenue, 1st Floor,
Chennai – 600 083
The selected Bhajan Group will get Direct Entry to the Auditions in 5 different Audition Zones – Chennai, Bangalore, Hubli, Coimbatore and Thanjavur.
Bhajan groups from Tirupur, Erode, Nilgiris, Salem, Namakkal, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Trivandrum, Cochin, Thrissur and Palakkad can take part in the audition at COIMBATORE ZONE.
Bhajan groups from Kolar, Tumkur, Mandya, Mysore, Mangalore, Hassan, Chikmangalur, Udipi, Shimoga and Davanagari can take part in the audition at BANGALORE ZONE.
Bhajan groups from Dharwad, Raichur, Gulbarga, Belgaum, Bellary, Chitradurga, Uttar Kannada, Bidar, Bagalkot and Gadag can take part in the audition at HUBLI ZONE.
Bhajan groups from Trichy, Ariyalur, Perambalur, Thiruvarur, Karaikal, Nagapattinam, Pudukottai and Karur can take part in the audition at THANJAVUR ZONE.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entrants must be between 15- 35 years. Parents consent (in written) is required if the candidate is less than 18 years of age.
- Bhajan group head may/may not be a performer, Bhajan Group Head means Group’s in charge/Founder etc.
- Bhajan group should not have more than 9 members in their team, including the instrumentalists. Bhajan groups should not have more than 3 instrumentalists in their team and should at least have 7 members in their team.
- Bhajan groups can have different instrumentalists, but the vocalists should not change throughout the show.
- Vocalists should send valid proof of age & proof of identity – Birth certificate/ Passport / Driving license.
- The entry forms and other documents sent to us will not be returned. Sri Sankara TV reserves the right to publish and use the content and information provided for selected contestants.
- Dress Code: Male Contestants – Kurta-Pyjama/ Dhoti-Shirt, Female Contestants- Half Saree/ Saree
- Participants in Bhajan Group should not have any criminal record.
- All travel and stay costs will be borne by the Bhajan Group.
- Bhajan Group should not be under any prior contract which will prohibit him/her from entering into a contract with if required.
- Electronic Gadgetry during Audition/Shoot: Should be Switched Off. Not in silent mode, or vibrate mode, but Switched Off. You should under no circumstances have any beeping alarms, digital watches, or mobile phones or Still Camera or Video(Handy) Camera.
- Participating means acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Sri Sankara TV reserves the right to terminate all or any part of the promotion without notice and without liability or amend the terms and conditions.